Independent Living Services exists to provide support and services to people with physical disabilities or limitations in Simcoe County, to assist them to lead dignified, productive, and independent lives.
Independent Living Services welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Summer Student HR Assistant
Independent Living Services of Simcoe County is looking for a student to work with us for the summer.
The HR Assistant will work with clients to complete a client satisfaction survey, and with front line staff to complete the annual staff survey.
The HR Assistant will gather statistical information from surveys and other sources and analyze the gathered information. This information will be used to prepare reports on satisfaction with agency operations and highlight trends in provision of services.
The student will also perform administrative HR duties in direct support of the HR department, and also clerical duties to help with coverage during busy times and vacation periods.
• Full time attendance at a college or university and returning in the fall
• Sensitivity towards people with disabilities
• Knowledge of report writing including statistical analysis
• Knowledge of office procedures, and familiarity with non-profit organizations
• Working knowledge of MS Office as well as database entry (Gold Care)
• Reliable transportation preferred
• Students with a disability will be given preference
This opportunity is supported by the Canada Summer Jobs Program through the Ministry of Employment and Social Development. Anticipated start date is 11 May 2020 and is to last 15 weeks ending 21 August 2020.
We offer a competitive wage and an incredible
work environment. If interested and qualified,
please apply by March 31st 2020.
Human Resources Generalist
Via fax : 705-737-1874
Via email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Attendant Care Workers (Full Time, Part Time & Casual)
Hours of Work: Variable Shift Hours
Independent Living Services has been providing services to the physically disabled community in Simcoe County for almost four decades. Our goal is to provide support and services to keep individuals with physical disabilities or limitations independent in the community while living dignified and productive lives.
The Attendant Care Worker provides personal support for activities of daily living and promotes independent living for adults with physical disabilities or limitations.
We offer an engaging and flexible work environment with enhanced paid training as well as employee benefits and EAP support. ILS provides the opportunity to enrich people’s lives while attaining professional development in a challenging and rewarding work environment.
Along with sensitivity to personal disability issues, an ideal candidate has:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 year College Program or Personal Support Worker Certification or equivalent
- 2 years relevant experience and sound practical knowledge in working with disabled individuals
- Reliable transportation and Valid Ontario Driver’s License
- Standard First Aid and CPR
- Able to obtain a Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Problem solving skills and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills