Independent Living Services exists to provide support and services to people with physical disabilities or limitations in Simcoe County, to assist them to lead dignified, productive, and independent lives.
Independent Living Services welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Executive Opportunity: Director, People and Culture
Posted: January 17, 2020
Deadline: February 10, 2020 @ 12:00PM
Position: Attendant Care Worker (Full Time, Part Time & Casual)
Hours of Work: Variable Shift Hours
Independent Living Services has been providing services to the physically disabled community in Simcoe County for almost four decades. Our goal is to provide support and services to keep individuals with physical disabilities or limitations independent in the community while living dignified and productive lives.
The Attendant Care Worker provides personal support for activities of daily living and promotes independent living for adults with physical disabilities or limitations.
We offer an engaging and flexible work environment with enhanced paid training as well as employee benefits and EAP support. ILS provides the opportunity to enrich people’s lives while attaining professional development in a challenging and rewarding work environment.
Along with sensitivity to personal disability issues, an ideal candidate has:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 year College Program or Personal Support Worker Certification or equivalent
- 2 years relevant experience and sound practical knowledge in working with disabled individuals
- Reliable transportation and Valid Ontario Driver’s License
- Standard First Aid and CPR
- Able to obtain a Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Problem solving skills and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills