Independent Living Services of Simcoe County and Area (ILS) is a leading agency providing support and services to adults wishing to live independently and well in their homes. Through our programs and services, we are able to assist adults living with permanent physical disabilities and high-risk seniors aging at home lead dignified, productive and independent lives. Our personal support and assistive living services are funded by the Government of Ontario.
We are seeking Attendant Care Workers to provide personal support for activities of daily living to our clients in their home.
Positions currently available:
Permanent part-time positions working a mix of day shifts, evening shifts and weekends on set two-week schedule. Hours vary from 7.5 to 20 hours per week. Once probation is complete, opportunities exist to move into full-time positions.
- Protection Equipment (PPE) available at all times
- Paid travel time and mileage
- Employee benefits including health, dental, Long Term Disability insurance (LTD)
- Anonymous and confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Participation in an employer match RRSP program
- An agency issued smart phone to view your work assignments and track your hours
ILS is proud of the engaging and flexible work environment where employees are supported in personal and professional growth. We offer ongoing paid training opportunities and support career advancement within the organization.
Along with sensitivity to personal disability issues, an ideal candidate has:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Reliable transportation and Valid Ontario Driver’s License
- Standard First Aid and CPR
- Able to obtain a Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- 2-year College Program or Personal Support Worker Certification or equivalent
- 3-5 years demonstrated experience and sound practical knowledge in working with disabled individuals in a formal employment setting
- Problem solving skills and conflict resolution skills